Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bus Boo 2011!



My two older sons and I are going to brave the cold weather (down to 32 degrees at night) and head on out to BUS BOO! for our last camping trip of the year.  Bus Boo! is held at Camp Blodgett in Grand Haven.  You can learn more about Bus Boo! here and here.  This will be VAN VAN's last outing of the year before going into hibernation.  Now that VAN VAN's cot is fixed, we'll all fit nicely inside and won't need to put up a tent.  Beth and our youngest son will not be staying overnight this year because of the cold.  My Dad will be joining us too and he is going to brave the cold in a tent.  I did that last year, using a sleeping bag that was too small and wouldn't zip around my shoulders.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.



At Bus Boo there is a costume contest, chili cook off and bus to bus trick or treating for the kids.  Last year was our first year and I didn't have a costume for me or VAN VAN. This year I'm going to be a Lumberjack.  I think the boys are going to be a skeleton and Iron Man.  VAN VAN still doesn't have a costume.  I'll work on that for next year.



 
I'm really looking forward to redeeming myself from last years chili disaster.  My chili was overcooked and a little too spicy for the judges.  I've tweaked the recipe for this year and will make certain that it will not overcook.  Once again I'll be heating it over the fire in a cast iron pot making certain that it doesn't get too hot.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Were having our last camping trip of the year in 2 weeks for color tour up near Silver Lake Sand Dunes but we camp in a 5th wheel (no sleeping bags needed, most of the time) that is if we do not run of out of propane.. lol :)

    Have fun and take care...

    ReplyDelete