Wednesday, October 26, 2011

59 Days until Christmas...

The last few weeks have flown by.  It's been a long time since I've felt this motivated.  My boss was recently relieved from his duties.  This means that my team needed to pick up all of his responsibilities. It has been a daunting task but has brought us together and we are working hard to make up for lost time.  All of this was a surprise for us, but we are picking up the reigns and killin' it!  I'm proud to be part of our team and looking forward to the next 6 months as we get back on track and move this train down the line.

October has been a great month.  Some great weather mixed with some thunderstorms.  Magnus turned 9 years old!  It's his last year of single digits.  He is such an amazing kid and I'm so proud to be his Dad.  I've been working on organizing the garage and now we can park both cars in there.  VAN VAN has been put in storage for a long Winter's rest.  I seeded the yard again and just need to finish putting the garden fence together before the snow flies.  Speaking of SNOW, I am really looking forward to Winter in our new house.  I'm not sure why, but I'm already in the holiday spirit.  I love Winter!

November brings Beth's birthday and THANKSGIVING, my second favorite holiday of the year. I'm also patiently waiting for my hard cider to finish fermenting.  It should be done within the next week.  I tried a pint a week ago and it is yummy and HARD!  Let's just say that I didn't need more than a pint.  Just the way I like it.  I'm going to want it to sit in the bottle for at least 6 months for best flavor.  I've had trouble keeping it above 66 degrees, so I'll have to let some of it sit.  But that won't keep me from drinking some soon.

I expect to start hearing Christmas music on the radio starting next week.  I have a few favorites.  They are:  My Favorite Things sung by Tony Bennet, Father Christmas by The Kinks, Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC,  The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole, Christmas Time Is Here (instrumental) by Vince Guaraldi and every song on "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

No comments:

Post a Comment